Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sure, No Problem! I Hate You!

retail at christmas: teaches you the true horrible-ness of human nature. people are demanding, rude, self-absorbed, and impatient. and they like to treat me like i am about 12 years old and quite possibly slightly mentally challenged. and yet i have to stay happy, encouraging, interested, and helpful at all times. no wonder i come home every night and collapse on to my bed, unable to move for the rest of the evening and often passing out for hour-long naps. it is mentally exhausting to be so chipper. but try me...i will always give the best customer service, with a smile, even if i then go to the back office and punch something. and cuss a blue streak.

2 comments:

The Rev. said...

I don't WANNA help you! I HATE customers! [stomp, stomp, stomp...register drawer slam]

Katherine Adams said...

Sounds kind of like dealing with certain Mail Services customers. Or library patrons! That back office job sounds kind of nice, huh?