Thursday, January 10, 2008

Climbing Everest

because of some not so great days i have had here lately, both physically and emotionally, pete decided to perk me up by a random act of teddy bear kindness today. meet edmund:as i had named phil, and huggerton came to me pre-named, i put naming duties on the rev this time. in honor of sir edmund hillary and his passing today, pete chose edmund, which i think fits in well with phil and huggerton. edmund and i have been snuggling all night, and he has brought me much comfort with his cushy softness. largely as a pillow, but comfort nonetheless. the only moment of minor discomfort he brought me was the fact that he was delivered to me at work today, leaving me to exit work to many stares and strange looks - apparently it is not normal to leave a preeminent cultural institution with a teddy bear firmly snuggled under the crook of your arm. but i soldiered on and got him home, and i think he's happy here.

No comments: