Monday, January 7, 2008

Giftcard Curse

(i'm doing a second post today to make up for not posting tomorrow.)

why is it that when you are out shopping on your own you can find approximately everything you ever wanted, but the minute you have a gift card to spend everything you ever wanted disappears and you're left with things that are eh maybe ok? i think my main issue is my usual thriftiness, resulting in my wanting to find things that are WORTH spending the gift card on. i walked zona rosa in loops today, sizing up every store's sales before finally looping back to one of the first things that struck me. finally i spent the gift card. way more work than it should be. someone solve the curse for me, so i can go spend my future gift certificates in a more carefree way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way. However, now I wait until around Jan. 7-8 when they have really big sales and I get everything I want for a great price. I went gift card shopping today and still had money left over. I save the clothing store giftcards for summer stuff.

The Rev. said...

I always have tremendous trouble deciding what to use Itunes gift certificates on. I'm musically fickle.

katie said...

also just for posterity, i wasn't intending to try to predict the future and say i wasn't going to post "tomorrow"...i meant "yesterday." awesome.