Monday, August 27, 2007

Big Spender

today was spent spending money. thanks to a generous donation from my youngest sister, i was able to go out with her today to buy a new bed, mattresses, and dresser. then i went to target and got new pillows, and then to walmart to get things like a shower curtain & liner, toilet paper, laundry detergent, and mini bissell vaccuum to keep my new place in order. my new bed has cushiony leather inserts in the headboard, and is all dark wood with chocolate leather. i feel like my purchase of this much leather is directly at odds with getting biodegradable, eco-friendly dryer sheets later in the day. but...i like the leather. and the #1 best thing about buying all the big stuff in one place is that for the low low price of $49 it will all be delivered and carried up a flight of stairs and set up for me on saturday. a.w.e.s.o.m.e. the less carrying and heavy lifting i have to do in my life, the way better. here is a shot of my new headboard:


i wanted that bedding, and drooled over it, but for $310 and no sheets included, it wasn't meant to be.

No comments: