Friday, September 14, 2007

Just Blink or Something

i am under no illusions about my looks. i think i look ok, better than some, worse than some, i get by. but in just the past couple days i have been stared at intently by at least two men that come in to my work, who try to catch my eye and keep it from the moment they approach the counter til they leave. for one, this is uncomfortable. i don't like making eye contact for an extended period of time. for two, i don't like making eye contact for an extended period of time when i don't know what your motives are. and lastly, you are wearing a wedding band. way to be subtle. mad sketchy. i have gotten to the point that pretty much any guy in my age range ish or who is doing the hey keep my eye contact so i might be able to skeezily wink at you thing that approaches the counter gets virtually no eye contact from me. they get the bustling katie who is over here and there getting bags, getting things bagged, organizing your stack of purchases, waiting intently for receipts, looking for a pen, etc etc. awkward.

No comments: